- This event has passed.
East End Women Take Action: 1888-2016
September 24, 2016 @ 12:45 - 16:30
Join the East End Women’s Museum and East End Sisters Uncut for an afternoon of short talks and conversations about the different ways east London women have challenged sexism, racism, exploitation, and injustice then and now. Share your ideas and learn some new ones.
– Julie Begum on how Women United Against Racism took on the National Front in the 1990s
– Louise Raw on the women who led the Matchwomen’s Strike of 1888
– Nadia Valman on the Jewish women who fought fascism at the Battle of Cable Street and beyond in the 1930s
– Janine Booth on the women at the heart of the Poplar Rates Rebellion of 1921
– …East End Sisters Uncut on how they campaign today
– More speakers to be announced!
The event is FREE but if you can make a donation (when you book or on the day) it will help us cover the costs of the event and support the work of East End Sisters Uncut.
Information about timings, venue, and how to book tickets coming very soon!